RUGER AMERICAN PISTOL
Designed with the latest U.S. Military standards in mind, the Ruger American Pistol
is built to perform in the harshest conditions.
A true American innovation, this pistol was developed through a
rigorous Voice of the Customer process where numerous law
enforcement and military trainers, firearms experts, distributors and
retailers provided input, feedback and testing in the determination of
the form, function and features of this firearm. The resultant new pistol
is a revolutionary platform for Ruger, one that utilizes the combination
of a recoil-reducing barrel cam (which is designed to better spread
recoil energy over time) with a low mass slide, low center of gravity
and a low bore axis to provide an unparalleled shooting experience.
- Model Number: 8615
- Caliber: .45ACP
- Capacity: 10+1
- Slide Material: Stainless Steel
- Barrel Length: 4.20"
- Grip Frame: One-Piece, High-Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon
- Grips: Ergonomic Wrap-Around Grip Module
- Slide Finish: Black Nitride
- Width: 1.40"
- Sights:Novak® LoMount Carry 3-Dot
- Weight: 30 oz.
- Overall Length: 7.50"
- Height: 5.60"
- Grooves: 6
- Twist: 1:10" RH
- CA Approved: No
- MA Approved & Certified: No
- Suggested Retail: $579.00
- Trigger features a short takeup with positive reset.
- Recoil-reducing barrel cam, low mass slide, low center of gravity and low bore axis.
- Performance tested for sustained +P ammunition use.
- Genuine Novak® LoMount Carry three-dot sights.Modular wrap-around grip system for adjusting palm swell and trigger reach.
- Safe, easy takedown with no tools or trigger pull required.
- Ambidextrous slide stop and magazine release allow actuation with either hand.
- Safety features include internal, automatic sear block system, integrated trigger safety and no trigger pull required for takedown.
- Also includes - Two nickel-teflon® plated steel magazines; small, medium and large grip modules; hard plastic case.